Cruise in style
Summer evenings in the wild
Enjoy a full dinner experience aboard Spirit of the Wild as the sun sets over the Tasmanian wilderness. Our Evening Dinner Cruise includes visits to the Gordon River, Heritage Landing, Sarah Island and Hells Gates.
Our Evening Dinner Cruise is cruising daily from 27 December 2021 to 15 January 2022 and on-demand for group bookings outside of this time. Additional dates during summer may become available. For enquires, please feel free to contact us.
EVENING DINNER CRUISE INCLUSIONS
- Quiet cruising on the Gordon River with Spirit of the Wild's unique hybrid system
- Dedicated on-board guides
- Chef-prepared buffet dinner
- Three seating options, including the Premier Upper Deck
- Two walking tours (Heritage Landing and Sarah Island)
- Open bar on the Premier Upper Deck
- Cash bar on the Main Deck
PREMIER UPPER DECK ADDITIONAL INCLUSIONS
- Complimentary Tasmanian red, white and sparkling wines. As well as beers, juices, tea and espresso coffee
- Premium leather recliners with full length windows
- Private viewing deck and lounge area
TIMING AND DURATION
- Please check-in at 3:00pm for 3:15pm boarding and 3:30pm departure from the main wharf in Strahan. Total tour duration is approx 6 hours.
SUMMER 2021-22 PRICES
- Main Deck Central: $140 adult, $69 child (3-16 yrs)
- Main Deck Window: $175 adult, $89 child (3-16 yrs)
- Premier Upper Deck: $295 adult, $295 child (3-16 yrs)
- Family Main Deck Central: $315 per family of 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Family Main Deck Window: $395 per family of 2 adults and up to 3 children
From Strahan, Spirit of the Wild will take you across Macquarie Harbour to the pristine Gordon River. Travel upstream in 'Whisper Mode', under the near-silent power of electric motors, allowing you to truly appreciate the tranquility of this remarkable wilderness.
Step ashore at Heritage Landing and explore the rainforest before joining our dedicated guides to learn about the natural and human history of the UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
Once again stepping aboard Spirit of the Wild, enjoy a chef-prepared buffet dinner while cruising the Gordon River. Your dining experience with us is a highlight, with our menu featuring produce from across Tasmania. If you have dietary requirements, please don't hesitate to tell us as we can certainly cater to your needs.
After leaving the Gordon River, cruise to Sarah Island where you will disembark to join a fascinating interpretive tour of the convict ruins. You'll feel the stories of this haunting place come to life as you wander through remants of some of Australia's darkest history.
After leaving Sarah Island, you'll cruise to Hells Gates, were you'll hopefully be able to see the sun setting over the Southern Ocean before returning to your home port of Strahan.
- We offer interpretation in German, French, Cantonese and Mandarin. At no cost, passengers can use our headsets to hear about 16 key points of interest. And the technology means that you don't need to press any buttons along the journey, and you can listen to the translations while outside on the viewing decks.
- We provide equality of services and care to everyone, regardless of people’s age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Click here for accessibility information.
- If you have further questions about our Evening Dinner Cruise, please feel free to contact us or visit our FAQ page.
If you ever treat yourself, this is the very thing to do.Staff amazing, views amazing, the catamaran is spotless, disability friendly. I opted for the upper deck first class experience, there was cool beverages of beer, wines cider or softdrinks on arrival with candles and pastries. The buffer dinner was fresh and plentifully, afterwards a fantastic selection of local cheese and slices/ cakes.
One of the best activities I have ever done.
Worth every cent.. we did the dinner cruise with our 9 year old daughter. Was a bit worried that she may get bored, but the commentary of history, dinner, rainforest walk and full tour of Sarah Island kept us all entertained. Absolutely highly recommended this attraction. The dinner was great, and all staff super nice and more than helpful. We all loved it!