Want to join our crew?
Gordon River Cruises is located in Strahan, on the edge of Macquarie Harbour. Our cruise experiences provide guests with the rare opportunity to experience the spectacular UNESCO Tasmanian World Heritage Wilderness Area.
Our crew is immersed in the history and secrets of the majestic Gordon River and Macquarie Harbour. We share these tales with our curious guests and go above and beyond to create an unforgettable experience.
We are part of NRMA Expeditions, an Australian owned and operated group that is part of the National Roads and Motorists' Association. NRMA Expeditions also owns and operates Strahan Village, Freycinet Lodge and Cradle Mountain Hotel.
OUR WELCOME TO YOU
The Gordon River is one of Tasmania’s most unique destinations. Being part of an exciting tourism business in such a picturesque location is something we consider to be truly special.
Working with our team creates opportunities to learn about multiple operational departments across the cruise business, as well as at our other regional properties. This opportunity to grow and diversify is a genuine benefit of working with NRMA.
Sean Gerrity, Marine Manager, Gordon River Cruises.
Why work with us?
- Passionate, committed and supportive team
- Tranquil natural setting
- Access to local experiences
- Part of NRMA, offering career progression opportunties
- Access to discounted staff accommodation
WORK AND PLAY
- Live nestled between rugged mountains and the mighty Gordon River
- Strahan is on the doorstep of the iconic local attraction, West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Enjoy whisky and wine tastings overlooking Macquarie Harbour at View 42° Restaurant & Bar
- Excellent bike riding, hiking and sand tobogganning nearby
- Near one of the last expanses of temperate rainforests on the planet
- Approximately 5 hours' drive from Hobart and 3.5 hours from Launceston