A special perspective
Together with Par-Avion, we bring you the ultimate wilderness day tour departing from Hobart.
Departing from Cambridge near Hobart, your scenic flight will take you over the central highlands of Tasmania towards the island’s wild west coast.
From the air, you’ll marvel at the grand scale of Macquarie Harbour, with some great aerial photo opportunities, before descending to Strahan to join the award-winning Gordon River Cruise.
Your day tour will continue aboard Spirit of the Wild. Journey through Hells Gates, the mouth of Macquarie Harbour, before looking at local salmon and trout farms. Cruise up the famous Gordon River, part of Tasmania’s UNESCO Wilderness World Heritage Area.
Relax in comfort in Premier Upper Deck seating and witness picturesque reflections. Enjoy the historical and interpretive stories as you make your way through one of the world’s most pristine temperate rainforests. You will stop at Heritage Landing where you can take a walk through the rainforest, breathe the cleanest air in the world and view ancient Huon pine. Some of these trees are more than 2000 years old.
Enjoy a chef-prepared lunch as you cruise to the second stop on your day tour, Sarah Island. Once a feared convict penal colony and now one of Tasmania’s most interesting historic sites. You’ll enjoy a guided interpretive tour of the island, hearing stories of the convict era.
Upon return, you’ll arrive back in time to peruse the local gift shop and take a stroll around the beautiful town of Strahan before returning by air to Cambridge.
- Please note, the tour is booked via Par-Avion Wilderness Tours.
- Package includes: scenic flights, Gordon River Cruise, ground transfers between your Hobart accommodation and Cambridge Airport, Strahan Airport and waterfront, lunch, morning and afternoon tea and all beverages.
- $699 per adult or child. Prices inclusive of GST (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Tour departs Tuesdays and Thursdays from Hobart at advertised price
- Available on a charter basis on other days of the week
- Check-in at Cambridge Aerodrome at 6:30am for 7:00am departure
- Flight time to Strahan is 45 minutes
- Depart Strahan at 4:00pm for Hobart